Nyakongo2030 initiative will be implemented in five (5) three-year phases.
The first phase (2015-2018) entails the launch of the Initiative and the implementation of flagship collaborative development projects. The following are the specific activities to be achieved by the year 2018.
The following are the specific activities to be achieved by the year 2018.
- Organizing Annual Nyakongo Sustainable Development Conference
- Establishment of tree nurseries as well as planting 100,000 trees in schools, homesteads and churches
- Launch of a tailoring project, a cloth and books sharing campaign (Sharing for Nyakongo) and a complementary currency (N-Pesa) to facilitate aid and volunteering for development efforts
- Installing 100 solar LED lighting system in 14 schools, 5 churches, 1 health center and 80 homes
- Manufacture and distribution of 400 filters in 14 schools, 1 health center, 5 churches and 380 families
- Construction of Nyakongo GREEN Center – sustainable buildings to be constructed from earth bags, PET bottles and other sustainable materials to act as the resource and operations center for Nyakongo Sustainable Village Initiative
- Installation of 5 rain water harvesting tanks in 4 schools and 1 health center
- Construction of 40 Ecosan Toilets in 14 schools, 5 churches, 1 health center and 20 homes
- Setting up a demonstrative poultry farm for training and sustaining school feeding program and 100 household poultry farms
Below is a tentative work plan for 2015-2016:
|Oct. 2015 – Feb. 2016||
|May – July 2016||
|April – Dec. 2016||
|Dec. 2016 – Feb. 2017||